Getting a tan and catching some rays are the reasons most people go on vacation. But there’s so much more to it than that, right? Vacationing means experiencing new sights, sounds, smells, tastes, and textures. A vacation on the beach is one of the best ways to do all of this.
Taking your family on vacation is the perfect opportunity to connect with your loved ones and create memories you’ll cherish forever. Not only will a getaway together this length recharge you emotionally and mentally but it’s also likely to ease any sibling rivalry as well.
After all, kids often want to experience everything their parents do – by taking them on a trip or having them stay at home they can experience everything they miss out on every day. Here are five things you should do when going on vacation to ensure your time away from home is as enjoyable and stress-free as possible;
Make a packing list
- Cull your wardrobe for pieces that can be layered and worn throughout your trip.
- Pack sunscreen, hats, insect repellent, and beach towels.
- Arrive early to avoid long lines at the beach and pools.
- Pack a cooler with food and drinks for happy hour and snacks for later in the day.
- Bring a book or iPod to relax in between activities on your beach vacation!
Also read: 15 Best Beach Stuff You Should Prepare
Plan your vacation around the weather
Planning your vacation around the weather is important to make sure you have a great time on the beach. The best time to go to the beach is during the spring, summer, and fall months. During these months the weather is usually warm and sunny.
If you are looking to go to the beach in the winter, be prepared for cold temperatures, windy conditions, and possible rainfall. If you are looking for a beach vacation in the summer, be prepared for very high temperatures and lots of sun. And if you are hoping to visit the beach in the fall, expect milder temperatures and some rain.
Keep in mind that not all beaches are created equal. Be sure to research which beaches have the best weather conditions for your particular location. There are also a number of websites that list popular beach destinations by month. Check out websites like TripAdvisor or Yelp to find out what other people who have already been there thinking about specific beaches.
Finally, make sure to take appropriate safety precautions when visiting the beach. Wear sunscreen, wear sunglasses when necessary, and stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. And if you’re going swimming be sure to bring a life jacket and know the rules of swimming in waters near the beach.
Find the right beach for you
When you’re planning your beach vacation, it’s important to find the right spot. Here are five tips to help make your trip a success.
1. Do your research
Go online and research different beaches in your area. Find out what the best swim conditions are, what the warnings are for the area, and what the amenities are like.
2. Know your swimming abilities
If you’re not comfortable swimming in open water, find a beach that’s closer to shore or go during low tide.
3. Bring plenty of sunscreens and insect repellent
Make sure to pack plenty of sunscreens and insect repellent. The sun can be brutal on your skin, even at lower latitudes, and mosquitoes can be a pesky problem on the beach.
4. Dress for the weather
Beach weather can vary widely from place to place, so it’s important to dress appropriately for the temperature and humidity. For example, if it’s hot and humid, wear more clothing than you would if it were cooler outside. And avoid wearing sandals if there is rain in the forecast; wet sand will suck up any moisture in your shoes and make them very uncomfortable to walk on.
5. Have a plan
Make sure you have a game plan for where you’re going and what you’ll be doing while you’re there. This will help to avoid getting lost or running into any delays while on your beach vacation.
Bring your own supplies
If you’re like most people, you probably pack your beach bag with everything but the kitchen sink. But not everything on the beach needs to be brought from home- in fact, there are plenty of things you can take with you that will make your vacation more enjoyable. Here are five easy tips to help make your beach vacation a success:
- Bring your own sunscreen! Not only is it cheaper than buying it on the beach, but it’s also better for the environment. Sunscreen can contain harmful chemicals that end up polluting our oceans and harming wildlife. By bringing your own sunscreen, you’re helping to protect both yourself and the environment.
- Bring a parasol! Parasols are perfect for shielding yourself from the sun’s rays, both on the beach and during a day at the pool. They come in all shapes and sizes, so there’s bound to be one that fits your needs.
- Bring insect repellent! Mosquitoes can be pesky little pests, and they love to bite during a vacation. Bringing insect repellent with you will help keep them at bay and make your outdoor activities more pleasant.
- Bring a beach towel! A beach towel is a lifesaver when it comes to keeping you dry and cool. Not only can it be used as a blanket on the beach, but it can also be used as a mat when playing in the sand.
- Bring your own drinks! Nothing is worse than having to run to the store for a sugary drink or stopping at the vendor on the way back from the beach to buy cold ones. BYO drinks mean no waiting in long lines and no unhappy tummies.
1. Make sure to follow the hashtag #BeachBudgetBlessed on Instagram and Twitter for beach-inspired DIYs, recipes, and more!
2. Pack light and travel with essentials. You’ll be able to get more done and have more fun if you’re not lugging around a bunch of extra baggage.
3. Bring along a bathing suit, sunscreen, towel, and water bottle. If you’re staying in a resort or hotel, they will likely provide these amenities for you. If not, be sure to pack some of your own supplies so that you can enjoy the beach as much as possible!
4. Don’t forget about your camera! Capture all of your favorite memories at the beach – from sunset walks to swimming with dolphins – with a good camera and some quality film.
5. Finally, don’t forget to enjoy yourself! The best way to do that is to relax and have fun – which is exactly what you’ll be able to do when you take advantage of these five tips!